Thursday, September 13, 2012

Books and clay

Hello everyone Happy almost weekend!
This week I have been bust playing with clay and some old leather I found in the shed.
I don't know if you have the same problem but I always seem to have a smig or pinch of leftover clay and it always ends up in the misc bag. Well when that bag gets full enough I make books like the 3 in the photo. Its rather fun I just take the different colors and in very technical terms just smush them all together until I get these varied swirls. lol then with pale clay i make the rectangle for the inside as pages then wrap the colorful layer on the outside and then cut and shape. Then with a blade or knife I make indentations to make the inside clay look like pages. After I cook the clay to at the recommended temp and time I can then use watered down paint to make the pages more visible.  I also found some scrap leather which I cut and wrapped around pieces of balsa to help fill my bookcase. If you poke the photos you can also see my version of the mouse that was half turned into a cup by one of the still in Hogwarts. Thats it for now I need to go see if I can change that poor mouse back before someone tries to drink from it. Have a great evening.

2 comments:

Ascension said...

Hola Jennybee
Me encanta visitar tu blog y ver tus fantasticos trabajos, son geniales!!
besitos ascension

afairytalecometruewyrna said...

Hello
Welcome to my blog, A fairytale come true.
It's nice to know your blog, I will be happy to read and see what you have done.
See you soon
Hugs
from Wyrna